Car accidents are alarming and disorienting, regardless of the severity. It can be difficult to make informed decisions in the immediate aftermath of an accident, so drivers should be prepared before they occur. Below are the top 5 things to remember after a car accident once drivers have determined there are no injuries and called police to the scene:
- Obtain the names and contact information of any witnesses in the area along with all drivers involved in the accident.
- Record the Make, model, license plate number of all cars involved.
- Take pictures of the scene – particularly the position of the cars involved and damage to any cars involved.
- Tow your vehicle to McGriff Auto Service if it cannot be driven.
- Contact the insurance company – yours or that of the at-fault driver – to report the accident and file a claim.
For more than 65 years McGriff Auto Service has proudly put Montgomery customers first. We appreciate the opportunity to fulfill your auto repair needs and look forward to working with you in the future. Call Walt today and let us discuss how we can help you.